The views are stunning. 180 degrees sea. It does not matter where you are in the apartment you get only sea view. At the front of the apartment are a dining room with two sea view windows, and a living room with the same plus a balcony large enough for a small table and a couple of chairs.
Inside the furnishings make it look at bit old fashioned, but it is in good condition with high ceilings and parquet flooring. At the rear there is a bedroom, bathroom, and separate kitchen. It would be simple to turn the dining room into a second bedroom, or it can be kept dual-usage as it is now.
The building is in excellent condition, with two secured entry doors. Communal areas are in good condition and there is a lift. Monthly charges are €90. The location is *excellent*, minutes walk from both the Old Town and the Port. Unlike the main Promenade which is 6 lanes, this is only one lane either way which means it is not noisy even with the windows open.
Click here to learn about Promenade des Anglais
Promenade des Anglais
The Promenade des Anglais that sweeps across the sea front of Nice is one of the best known in the world. Built in Victorian times, it runs along the beach from the airport for seven kilometers until it reaches the Old Town and Port. With some of the best known landmarks, such as the Negresco Hotel and the Palais de la Méditerranée, it is the only road in the city centre that offers panoramic sea views.
Advantages for a holiday home
- Only place to be for a terrace and sea view
- Easy walk to the beach and city centre
- Good capital appreciation and easy resale
Disdvantages for a holiday home
- Noisy road passing in front
- Expensive and hard to come by
Advantages for investors
- Sensational sea views, usually with terrace
- Will always hold its value due to scarcity and demand
- Airport bus stops on the doorstep
Disdvantages for investors
- Low yield due to high price per square metre
- Traffic noise if on the second floor or below