This apartment is not sensible, in the way that you go into a car dealership thinking of all the factors that will best determine what will suit your needs and you find yourself sitting in the seat of a Lamborghini. Half the 130m² apartment is taken up by a huge living room, covered in white marble and looking out south to a full panoramic sea view. Front and rear are a full length terrace and balcony.. There is a, and excuse the word again, huge bedroom completed by two complete bathrooms and a separate toilet. There is a separate kitchen as well as more cupboard space than you will know what to do with.
The apartment needs renovating, certainly new kitchen and bathrooms. It could be turned into a two or even three bedroom apartment. That would be sensible, if you are so inclined. It is in a prestigious building, around 500m from the Negresco, and comes with underground garage. If you are not afraid of a project then this is worth a visit.
Click here to learn about Promenade des Anglais
Promenade des Anglais
The Promenade des Anglais that sweeps across the sea front of Nice is one of the best known in the world. Built in Victorian times, it runs along the beach from the airport for seven kilometers until it reaches the Old Town and Port. With some of the best known landmarks, such as the Negresco Hotel and the Palais de la Méditerranée, it is the only road in the city centre that offers panoramic sea views.
Advantages for a holiday home
- Only place to be for a terrace and sea view
- Easy walk to the beach and city centre
- Good capital appreciation and easy resale
Disdvantages for a holiday home
- Noisy road passing in front
- Expensive and hard to come by
Advantages for investors
- Sensational sea views, usually with terrace
- Will always hold its value due to scarcity and demand
- Airport bus stops on the doorstep
Disdvantages for investors
- Low yield due to high price per square metre
- Traffic noise if on the second floor or below