This studette is on the fourth and final floor, no lift, in a beautiful bourgeois building perfectly placed in centre of town. It used to be a "chambre de bon", or servants quarters, transformed into a small 9sqm studio (14sqm total but a lot of usable space lost to a sloping ceiling). It needs a refurb, but can be transformed into great student digs. Rented at €450/month it gives an almost unheard of 10% annual return.
Click here to learn about Carre d'Argent
The Carre d'Argent lies the other side of the Avenue Jean Medecin tram line to the Carre d'Or, and is perfectly placed between the city centre and the Old Town and Port. The Nicois-style buildings are lined with shops and restaurants, and everything you need is within a five minute walk.
Advantages for a holiday home
- Five minutes walk to everywhere
- Traditional Nicois style architecture
- Best capital appreciation prospects
Disdvantages for a holiday home
- Apartments often need refreshing
Advantages for investors
- Close to the Old Town and city centre
- Easy walking distance to beach
- Best value for money properties
Disdvantages for investors
- Less well known than Carre d'Or and Musicians Quarter