This incredible penthouse is the ultimate in Promenade living. On the 7th and top floor, it has a 26m² terrace tiled in white and grey Carrare marble tiles that has a panoramic sea view from Cap Ferrat to Cannes. The large living room and dining room both lead out onto the terrace and have that uncompromising sea view.
Of course it has the mod-cons like electric shutters and sun canopy, air-conditioning, reinforced door, and video entryphone. The other side of the apartment has the separate kitchen and two bedrooms, all of which have a balcony that has a view over the city to the hills behind Nice. There is currently one bathroom, but it is possible to add one or two more bathrooms. In fact there is plenty of space to be able to customise the apartment to the way you want it.
Located in a prestigious building, with excellent common areas and two lifts, it is by the Centre Universitaire Méditerranéen and about a 10 minute walk to the Negresco Hotel. A garage can be bought in the building for €50k.
Click here to learn about Promenade des Anglais
Promenade des Anglais
The Promenade des Anglais that sweeps across the sea front of Nice is one of the best known in the world. Built in Victorian times, it runs along the beach from the airport for seven kilometers until it reaches the Old Town and Port. With some of the best known landmarks, such as the Negresco Hotel and the Palais de la Méditerranée, it is the only road in the city centre that offers panoramic sea views.
Advantages for a holiday home
- Only place to be for a terrace and sea view
- Easy walk to the beach and city centre
- Good capital appreciation and easy resale
Disdvantages for a holiday home
- Noisy road passing in front
- Expensive and hard to come by
Advantages for investors
- Sensational sea views, usually with terrace
- Will always hold its value due to scarcity and demand
- Airport bus stops on the doorstep
Disdvantages for investors
- Low yield due to high price per square metre
- Traffic noise if on the second floor or below